The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office Combined Communications Center will provide our community with effective emergency public safety communications services, striving toward the end that the safety of human life, the protection of property, and the civic welfare are benefited to the utmost degree. The Combined Communications Center is responsible for the rapid and accurate collection, exchange and dissemination of information relating to emergencies and other vital public safety functions.
The Interlocal Agreement which establishes the Center contains the following organizational objectives:
- To promote the health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens throughout Alachua County, the parties wish to improve efficiency and technical capabilities of emergency call taking, law enforcement and fire-rescue dispatch, and communications at a reasonable cost to the general public.
- The purpose of the Center shall be to effectively receive calls for emergency assistance, to efficiently coordinate response resources to emergencies, and to efficiently and effectively coordinate public safety/emergency services radio communications.
- The Center shall provide all participating agencies with a single point for the receipt of emergency assistance requests and shall provide for the control of coordinated dispatch and radio communications services for law enforcement, fire, medical, and emergency management.
- The Center shall be designed to provide a secure, survivable command and control area for response to all agency and community emergencies occurring within Alachua County.
- The establishment of the Center will permit the elimination of duplicate facilities and systems while improving the delivery of emergency services.